Saturday, May 9, 2009

Storecupboard Spot Saver



Two of my daughters are blessed with Mummy's skin, I only ever had the occassional teenage spot, but alas one of my fair maidens seems to be suffering from breakouts, which I put down to Exam stress.
So for anyone who is also suffering, try out this little budget beauty remedy:-
Mix together 2 tsp runny honey, 1/4 tsp fine sea salt and 1 tsp turmeric to form a thick paste. Apply to spots every evening and leave on for up to 30 minutes or overnight. Once spots have cleared you can use this mixture as a face pack once a month as a preventative measure.
I have mixed this up and put in an empty washed up Origins pot, otherwise my daughter wouldn't use it!
If you are looking for other cheap but effective beauty potions, don't forget that good old Olive Oil can be massaged into cuticles to keep them soft and also mixed with sea salt or sugar to make a budget concious body scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment