Monday, May 4, 2009
My first award and Days 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15
Firstly, my apologises for my blogging absence. I feel so guilty, but was really busy with work Thurs/Fri and Sat and then went on a Spa weekend Hen Night so am only just beginning to feel human again and finally getting the house back in some sort of order. Normal service will be resumed ASAP, well maybe not, as am off to Bluewater tomorrow to look for a dress for the up and coming wedding but I will be on the hunt for a bargain - you can be sure of that!
I gratefully accept my first blogging award from the fantastic Cassie over at Jacob Wrestling. Although I read lots of PF blogs, my blogging tastes are like my taste in music (a soul girl at heart, who also loves rock n'roll, jazz, country etc) so I don't just limit myself to reading the genre that my blog falls into. I love reading Cassie's blog she is one fab Momma, who constantly has me in hysterics with her wit and writing skill. Thanks Cassie!
Anyway part of this award is to nominate 5 other blogs who I think are fantastic and I would like to nominate:-
1. Nixdminx - A fab Mummy blogger, lone parent to miniminx with a wardrobe to die for!
2. Shoestringalley - Shoestrings account of her daily tracking was what inspired me to do the same! I get the hump if she hasn't posted each night before I go to bed!
3. Yummy Mummys Beauty Blog - Another single Mum, but one totally obsessed with Make-up, it is great to find out about products that someone else has tested out first, also I loved her recent outfit post, those KG shoes were to die for!
4. Obsessional Confessional - a recent find but a girl after my own heart in many ways! Follow her foray into Fashion.
5. Pochyemu over at Its mostly about me, meet this young American trying to juggle life as a wife and student in this country, swears a lot - v.funny.
Once you have received your award - this is what you have to do:-
1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then “add image” it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the “picture” widget. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
Just realised I need to do 5 addictions so here goes:-
3. Saving money
4. Bagging a Bargain
5. My kids! - easy!
Now onto the missing days of daily tracking.
Thursday Day 11 - Nothing spent today.
Friday Day 12 - £1 for cricket practice (no not for me, for my son!)
Saturday Day 13 - Nothing spent today.
Sunday Day 14 - £4.95 on my room bill for an Irish Coffee.
Monday Day 15 - Nothing spent today. Free Stuff: My mum has bought me her magazines as usual. Do you think there is any way I could get her off Take a Break and Chat and into Harpers or Vogue, she is 76 what do you think?
Posted by Recessionista(UK) at 4:42 PM