Monday, February 16, 2009

Luxe for Less at Asos, Koodos and THE OUTNET



Alex Gerrard, right, in a Chloe dress, £1,000. Left, an Asos dress, £44.50.

With the credit crunch dimming our love of luxury brands, we all want to look good on a budget.
Online fashion retailer Asos (As Seen On Screen) bucked the economic trend to register massive profit’s a few weeks back, thanks to its affordable showbiz fashion. The online retailer originally started out by copying the outfits that had been seen on Celeb’s (hence the name) but then went on to offer both mid market and premium brands to give customers more choice and to cater for all budgets. You may also remember I did a post on them the other week telling my readers about its “Outlet” section and the premium jeans brands I found with up to 70% off!

But it isn't the only website that offers you affordable, desirable fashion. There are also websites offering designer labels at hugely discounted prices.

First I checked out www.cocosa.com . After reading that "This site caters for the serious fashionista", I was first v.excited and then v.dissapointed, as you have to join a waiting list before becoming a member unless you have been invited to join. It apparently has a team of buyers who order direct from the designer. The site is owned by the media company that owns "Grazia" so probably just your fashion industry insiders who get invited to join. If my application is accepted, I will let you know, but something tells me not to hold my breath!
Next up was Koodos.com and I was very impressed - Bottega Veneta Bags, Premium denim as I have previously mentioned on Asos, is also reduced although not as cheap as Asos (expect to pay approx £70). The other great thing about this site is the childrens designer wear.
Being a huge fan of www.net-a-porter.com has me wishing the months away for the sites founder, Natalie Massenet's, new venture called the outnet. Theoutnet will be buying up cancelled orders from high end designers and selling them at greatly reduced prices, so one can only wait - I think the site is due to launch about April time, but you can be sure I will post about it when it does, so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment